Can Bernedoodles Eat Mango? Surprising Facts

There is no doubt that mangoes are delicious fruits to eat and enjoy it because of its sweet taste. But when it comes to feeding your furry friend mango, you should make sure that the pit is properly removed before giving it to them. Mango skin are known to be hard to digest and mango pit is said to be a serious choking hazard for dogs.

Can Bernedoodles Eat Mango?

The answer is yes, bernedoodles can definitely eat mango without experiencing any form of difficulty. It is safe to say that the fruit is packed with vitamins and is actually safe for your little friend to consume. The thing is that when serving mangoes to your dog it is best to only do so in moderation. Also, in order for your canine to enjoy mango, you should stick to only giving them the parts that is safe to eat.

Is Mango Good For Bernedoodles?

Can Bernedoodles Eat Mango

It is safe to say that mango is without a doubt beneficial to both humans and dogs, just that it needs to be served in moderation. Mango is said to be high in fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, C and E, which is great for your furry friend. The fact that mangoes are considered to be sweet, there is no doubt that your dog’s will enjoy eating it. When mangoes are ripe, you can expect it to be soft, but we still recommend that you cut it into small pieces just to avoid any firm of choking hazards from happening.

Is Mango Bad For Bernedoodles?

Before feeding your little friend mango, we highly suggest that you remove the pit and properly peel it. While there is nothing wrong if dogs eat the skin, it can be a bit difficult for them to actually digest it, so this is why we think it would be best if you remove it. Mango pit is something that you should properly remove because it can be a serious choking hazard and even get stuck in your dog’s digestive tract.

If somehow your dog mistakenly swallow the mango pit, there is a chance that your dog may not face any issue. But if it’s a case where you start to notice any changes, then we think it would be best if you consult your veterinarian.

Make sure that your dog doesn’t eat too much mango as this may lead to upset stomach. Also, if your dog’s eat mangoes too often it could lead to it as well. Apart from that, eating too much mango on a daily basis may also lead to dental problems.

How Much Mango Can a Bernedoodle Have a Day?

In order to know the exact amount that is safe for your bernedoodle you must first consult your veterinarian for advice. They will know what is best base on the size of your dog.

In cases like these we think the most effective thing you can do is follow the 10 percent rule. Dog treats should only make up 10 percent of your dog daily food consumption, while giving them regular pet food should make up the other 90 percent.

The number one reason we don’t recommend giving your dog too much mango is because it is very high in fiber. Dogs is not known to have too much fiber in their diet, so having such large amount may lead to them experiencing problems such as upset stomach and diarrhea.

How to Serve Mango to Your Bernedoodle?

If you are still wondering if it is safe for you to feed your bernedoodle mango, then the best thing you can do is to consult your veterinarian for advice on the situation and do some research yourself so that you can have a better understanding about this delicious fruit.

As mentioned above, you should always remove the pit before serving mango to your dog. It doesn’t matter the size of your dog, you should always cut the mango in small pieces and serve it to them fresh.

Alwayne Gray

Welcome to my blog! My name is Alwayne, I'm delighted to have you here. I'm a doodle lovers that is passionate about sharing my knowledge with new or experienced doodle parents. Doodle breeds are very well known to be intelligent, loving, hyper and very friendly

Recent Posts