Can Labradoodles Eat Grapes? Continue Reading!

Can Labradoodles eat grapes? Well, we don’t think it would be a good idea to feed your dog grapes.

The thing is that most people actually think that all vegetables and fruits are safe for dogs to eat but that not the case. It’s safe to say that there are a few vegetables and fruits out there that shouldn’t be given to your furry friend as they are able to cause health issues.

Grapes and even raisins are considered to be toxic to dog which is why we don’t recommend giving them any. While some dogs can eat grape without experiencing any issue, there are others out there that have might consume just a few grapes which ends up result in them having kidney failure. It’s a bit challenging to tell which dog will have a negative reaction after eating grapes.

How Do I Know If My Labradoodles Ate Grapes?

Upon eating grapes your labradoodle might start to experience vomiting and diarrhea just after few hours. You may even notice grapes and raisin within their diarrhea or vomit which is a clear indication. Most dogs after eating grapes or raisins starts to behave hyperactive.

Other signs includes lost of appetite, experiencing abdominal pain, becoming dehydrated, etc. If the toxicity level is high, your dog may only pass a small amount of urine or none whatsoever. If this happens, then your is at a high risk of having kidney failure.

Why Are Grapes Toxic to Dogs?

Can Labradoodles Eat Grapes

It’s best to keep in mind that all variety of grapes including green grapes, red grapes, purple grapes. It doesn’t matter if the grape is seeded or seedless, it is still toxic for your furry friend.

Not only that, but grape juice, wine, raisins and currant are toxic for dogs as well. The sad news is that researchers doesn’t have any idea what causes the toxicity.

There are several theories out there stating that tartaric acid, mycotoxin, a toxic substance that mold or fungus produce or a salicylate drug in grape might be the culprit behind the health problems in dogs.

Preventing Grape Poisoning in Dogs

As a dog owner you should ensure that wherever you are placing your grape and raisins your dog isn’t capable of accessing that specific location as this will prevent them from eating any. Also, before sharing any form of human foods with your dog make sure to take a close look at the ingredients just to ensure that there isn’t any grapes included.

You should also inform your family about not feeding your dog grapes as this will help to protect them from any accident of eating any. You might want to avoid giving your kids grape while your dog is around since they can be messy eaters and grape could fall onto the floor for your dog to eat.

How Vets Treat Grape Toxicity in Dogs

The first thing your veterinarian may try doing is to induce vomiting. After that, they may even use activated charcoal in order to absorb the rest of the toxins and bind any remaining grapes or raisins that’s inside your dog’s stomach.

If it’s a case where your dog is experiencing kidney failure, your vet will try to support kidney function and flush out the toxins by simply using IV fluid therapy which is known to be quite effective. Your dog will also receive medication to treat the symptoms as well.


The truth is that there are a variety of fruits out there that your labradoodle can safely eat without experiencing any serious health issues. Both grapes and raisins are known to be bad for dogs which is why we don’t recommend giving them it to eat. They can cause severe reactions and may even be fatal.

Alwayne Gray

Welcome to my blog! My name is Alwayne, I'm delighted to have you here. I'm a doodle lovers that is passionate about sharing my knowledge with new or experienced doodle parents. Doodle breeds are very well known to be intelligent, loving, hyper and very friendly

Recent Posts